Nov 15, 2015

State Champions!

State Champions!
You probably remember that Sport was playing in the State Championship for his football league today. It was a team they lost to the first time, but they did a great job this morning in spite of the snow and they beat Olympus 13 - 0.

Taco was also playing for the State Championship in his league this afternoon. By then it was much warmer and they played in West Jordan rather than up by the mountain. Their game was crazy and fast-moving with most of the points scored in the first five minutes. But both teams adjusted and the final score came up at 26 - 13.

Yesterday I would have never predicted that both teams would come out victorious. After the games, we joined the girls at the Christmas Gift Show. Princess, Crafty, and Scout were all dancing. It was so fun seeing their first dances of the year. This is Scout's first time on a performing team, so that was exciting. So exciting that I forgot to take pictures of anything until the very last number and then Scout (who had joined us by then) remembered and snapped some for us.

We left the gift show and Princess took all the girls home while my sweetie and I took the Dog Walker down to the Scera in Orem to see a musical called The Trail of Dreams that was required for his theater class. It was not at all what I was expecting, but I certainly enjoyed it.

We got home just before 11:00 and I decided to quickly make the birthday cakes for Taco's birthday party tomorrow since Princess wasn't home yet anyway. She is spending every spare minute with Daylen before he leaves on his mission for our church on Wednesday. While the cakes were baking, I did dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. The worst part about going out for the evening is when the kids leave me with a big mess to clean up.

Now it's nearly 1:00 AM, but I didn't want to go to bed without sharing this awesome day with you. I'm so proud of my kids and my grandkids. There is nothing better than family.



1 comment: