Nov 9, 2015

Saturday's Drama


A bit more of our crazy weekend...

Saturday night was Bingham Ball, a formal dance down at the State Capitol. Fajita and Prima Donna both had dates, but they were in different groups. Fajita had her date pick her up at our house because Teach was supposed to take pictures. I didn't realize that he would show up early and with his parents in tow.

The house was a disaster, with football stuff thrown about everywhere. Of the playoff games, Sport and Taco's teams both won, so they will both be playing one more game. Burrito and Curly's teams both lost, so now we are worrying about turning in equipment. Fajita had Nutcracker rehearsal, so she was not quite ready. Her date's mom recommended we move to the porch to give her time to finish. I spent about 15 minutes visiting with the 3 of them on the porch until she was ready. Then we took these cute pics and she was off.

In the meantime, Prima Donna was in meltdown trying to get ready too. Teach was supposed to take their group pictures at 5:30 and she and Andrew were still not back from the temple when all these cute kids in their formals showed up on my front doorstep. At least things were gathered up by then and the football stuff safely stowed away.

Teach walked in at the last minute and they all had their pics done in my living room since the sun was gone by then. Then they were all gone too. That gave me about 3 minutes to reflect on the beginning of the day. I had been in charge of the volleyball tournament at the church and our team played too. We finished in third place (of 3 teams) but it was fun.

I left directly from the church to drive to Magna for Curly's game. My sweetie had taken off early for Sport's game. He played in Tooele, but there was no way we could see both games since Sport played at 10:30 and Curly at noon. After the loss, Curly was in meltdown and he went home with me while my sweetie and Sport drove back to Tooele to see the rest of Burrito's game.

I got home to Nutcracker drama and Prima Donna still hadn't even decided for sure on her dress...

She had been at rehearsal all day and was a bit scattered. Thank goodness Drama Queen was in charge here because she got everything together for us. She even managed to dye Prima Donna's hair brown before the dance! The only thing we don't have is a single pic of Prima Donna and her date. I didn't realize the camera they were using was the one from the yearbook staff, so I didn't even think to snap one with my phone.

When Princess got home from work, she finished up the 96 cupcakes for Daylen's farewell on Sunday while I opened a week's worth of mail and took care of a bunch of paperwork. When Prima Donna came in, she said, "Let me run to the bathroom and then I will tell you all about it!" So we waited...

and waited...
and waited...

Almost an hour later, I finally went to check on her. She had gone to bed!

Princess and I would just have to wait until Sunday morning to get all the details.

2 comments:

Denise said...

your house is always full, so nice.

LeAnn said...

Oh my gosh how do you do it all?? I can't even imagine the comings and goings in your home.
It looks like a lot of fun thrown into one day and I would be exhausted. I continue to admire your perseverance. Loved the pictures and I it is fun to have two girls going to the ball. Blessings and hugs for all!