Nov 26, 2015

Almost Thanksgiving

I'm not sure how I felt about the Dog Walker sharing my pic with you yesterday, but then when I read his sweet post and I had one of those "awww" moments, I decided to leave it just as it is. I am feeling better. The first night I didn't sleep hardly at all, so by Tuesday night I was really dragging. I thought maybe the couch would be more comfortable so I set up camp there. It was.

But even that wasn't enough to help me feel like I was on this planet yet, so after lunch I made my way to my bedroom and didn't come back down until nearly 5:00. That helped a lot! But now it's 3:00 AM and I can't sleep, although I'm starting to feel it so I thought I'd better tell you a bit about our Thanksgiving festivities.

My sweet daughter-in-law came over tonight and she, Drama Queen, and Crafty made pies. They did some amazing things we have never tried before like a mint cheesecake and a peanut butter cream pie. I'm excited to see how they taste. We also put together the traditional pumpkin and pecan. I say "we" but I didn't really do much.

My sweetie is planning to do most of the cooking tomorrow and I'm totally fine with that. My knee is pretty bruised and throbs if I keep it in the same position for too long. I've taken off the wraps so I can finally have a shower (after 3 days) so I'm going to share a pic with you. The stitches are under the steri-strips, so you can't really see them. The orange stuff should wash off in the shower, and the doctor did actually write "yes" on my leg in red marker before we went into surgery.

You know, selfies are hard enough when I am trying to focus on my face, but nearly impossible when I'm trying to get my leg. It took me 6 tries to get even this bad pic for you. One thing I'm definitely thankful for this year is arms and legs that move.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Denise said...

praying for healing for you

LeAnn said...

I am so happy that you are recovering well. Your leg isn't a pretty picture; but I can say that the way they do knee surgeries now is unbelievable. I may have to have one at some point of time.
I love the different kinds of pie mentioned. Of course I know you had a great Thanksgiving, right?
Blessings and hugs for you!