Nov 17, 2012

The Big Day


So this was it...the big day! That's right, Disney on Ice! We had tickets to the matinee performance at 3:30, but since it's Friday, we only had to pull Prima Donna out of school 20 minutes early. Everyone else is home by then. We arrived about 10 minutes before the show began and found our seats without any problems. This time Bossy and her boys were with us as well and that just added to the excitement.

The kids squirmed in their seats until they finally dimmed the lights and the show began. Since it was 100 years of Disney, we got to see many different characters and sequences. My favorite part was the Mulan story, but then that is the movie with my favorite music too.

I thought you might be interested in knowing what everyone thought instead of just me so I asked them to each give me a one-sentence opinion.


Bossy: I really enjoyed watching Burrito get excited and tell me things.  I think my favorite part was during the Incredibles when each of the characters are showing off their "powers."  The boy playing Dash is "running" quickly on ice.  The girl playing Violet "disappears" by going in the curtain and the spotlights continue on no one.  And then the girl playing Elasti-girl does a lot of twists and contortions and finally goes to hug and kiss Mr. Incredible and the kids come and grab her and pull her away and her "arms" in black gloves stretch across the ice.  And Burrito turns and says in his typical loud voice.  "Mom!  Those are the real Incredibles!  Did you see her real arms stretch and stretch?" After that Mr. Incredible dances to "I'm too Sexy."  He talked about them all through the long "It's a Small World" routine that followed. On a final note, I would be lying if I didn't say I really like the princess and prince "true love" part, and I was really excited to see that they included Pocahontas!  It almost made up for the lack of Aurora...almost.

Teach: I loved the Mulan story and the princesses. I mostly just adore ice skating and all of the tricks and flips were simply beautiful. I sang pretty much through the entire thing and Curly probably got annoyed with my incessant singing! It was so glorious!

Dog Walker: I thought it was more amazing than I remembered from when I was little. It almost made me cry that when I went there, it made me feel like I want to go to Disneyland again, even though I got to go there four times in my whole life. I still think it's fun. The best part was the whole thing.

Princess: I absolutely loved the princess part...all of it. I loved when they all came out together and I loved Mulan and Belle and wished they would have shown even more!

Prima Donna:  The show was so spiffy.  And of course my favorite part was the princesses, and not getting in trouble for singing with the songs.

Crafty: I loved the princesses too!

Sport: I liked the story of Aladdin.

Scout: My favorite part was the princesses. My favorite princess was Ariel.

Curly:  My favorite part was the army men.
Baby Doll: I just ate all the kettle corn and gave anyone a dirty look if they tried to grab a handful. But my eyes were watching everything and I loved clapping along with the audience.

Bean Dip: My favorite part was sleeping, I mean the kettle corn.  (After much prompting from Bossy and threats from Gamer). I like the part when the Genie jumped out of the ice-machine. And I (Bossy) am pretty sure Bean Dip liked the Incredibles too, because all the way across the parking lot he was singing Right Said Fred (I'm too Sexy).
Taco:  My favorite part was when the whale ate Pinochle. Bossy: You mean Pinocchio? Taco: Yeah, Pinochle.
Burrito: My favorite part was when the whale ate him too.  Bossy: Are you just saying that because Taco said that? Burrito: Yes.  Later on the drive, Burrito: Mom, remember the part when Buzz was dancing with Jessie?  That was good.
The End
Gamer via text: (After receiving multiple blurry video messages with loud music.) I am so glad I am at work right now.  Later he viewed the much better quality videos I took after I remembered the work phone had an amazing camera with a zoom option.  I'd guess he is a little bit jealous right now.

       ************************

As you can see, it was an overwhelming success! I just hope those awesome people at Feld Entertainment call me again next year...

** I am a Feld Family Ambassador and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld shows and opportunities to attend private Feld pre-Show events. Even though I received these benefits, I always give an opinion that is 100% mine. **



2 comments:

Marci said...

Sounds like a fabulous experience for all the family! I'm so glad everyone loved it!

Sarah said...

I went to Disney On Ice in September. It is really quite spectacular. I highly recommend it. Looks like everyone had a great time.