Jul 1, 2017

Ready for Nashville

Remember back in the spring when Crafty went to state with her STAR Events competition for FCCLA? Well, she qualified for Nationals and she flies out for Nashville tomorrow. She is pretty nervous, but excited too.

Grinding wheat to make biscuits (not our favorite recipe, but a work in progress...)
Ever since school got out she has been working on her project. Some days were better than others, but for a good couple of weeks we were all on her healthy living plan. Honestly, I was feeling better than I have in a long time.

Making a beautiful salad.

Each night before bed, she and I would go over the recipes in her binder and choose each meal and snack for the entire family. She would post it on the fridge and on the front door so everyone was aware of what they could and could not eat.

Dancing is great exercise!

Some of the kids were a bit rebellious at first, but they really do all want to learn to live healthy and feel and look better. Baby Doll especially loved helping prepare healthy salads and other dishes. Drama Queen was often our cook and we all learned to try a few new things. I even ate a piece of honeydew (other than watermelon, melons and I don't get along very well).

I hope when Crafty gets home she will get us back on a healthier track again. Good luck at Nationals, beautiful girl. I'm sure you will be awesome!

Chicken wraps in wheat tortillas




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Congratultions to Crafty for geting to go to Nationals; that is awesome. Nashville is one of my favorite places to visit.
I like your efforts to eat healthier; I need to do that too. Gosh, isn't it hard. I find that everything I really really like isn't good for me. What's with that, anyway!
Sending encouragement your way and big hugs too!