May 14, 2016

Guess Who's a Bird Nerd?!

Bird Nerd
OK, all my kids and grandkids are Bird Nerds, but only one captured a prize in the Annual Salt Lake Bird Festival Art Contest. Baby Doll placed 3rd in the Preschool Division. That honor was accompanied by a $15 check, which is pretty exciting for a 5-year-old.

Drama Queen took her up to Farmington tonight straight from dance pictures, so I didn't get to attend the awards ceremony. It was sort of an insane day and since I don't love driving, Drama Queen offered to make the trek.

In other news, we had two major tests going on today. The Dog Walker took the Praxis this morning and Crafty took an AP Human Geography test. No word yet on how they did.

I haven't been sleeping very well lately, so I'm going to try to find my mattress before 2:00 AM tonight. I think tomorrow might be even more busy than today although at this very moment it's sort of hard to believe. I'll get you all caught up, I promise.




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Congratulations to Baby Doll on winning this art contest. That is so awesome. My Grandson actually won this contest as a Senior in High School before his mission. It's a great place to visit and see all the art work.
Hope you got some sleep dear friend. Hugs for you and that sweet Baby Doll and for Drama Queen taking her to the awards ceremony.