Jan 13, 2016

Sport's a Poet

Sport has been studying the Diary of Anne Frank in school and honestly, it hasn't been one of his favorite books. He would much rather read something sports-related (go figure...). I think he was extremely grateful to finish up the story and move on to something else.

That's why I was so surprised when I saw this beautiful poem he wrote about World War II. I knew he could make up rhymes about silly things, but I was impressed with his creative insight. See what you think.




World War 2
Renaissance Man
It was a terrible thing, World War 2,
Many people didn’t make it through.
Tons of people did get killed,
With much sorrow, graves were filled.
In the camps they suffered pain,
They were shipped there by a train.
Some died in Death-gas showers,
And on death marches, marched for hours.
Even though some tried to hide,
In the end, most of them died.
With Hitler now, it was better before,
That’s why the Allies fought in the war.
Nazis were bad, people got smitten,
Look in Anne’s diary, it is written.
It truly was bad news,
That Hitler killed millions of Jews.
So that is why Hitler fell,
That all could heal and be well

2 comments:

Anna Banana said...

Gave me goose bumps.

LeAnn said...

I think you have a talented young man there. I really like his poem a lot. I am sure you will nature this budding talking. Hugs for him!