Apr 2, 2014

Free Donuts at Krispy Kreme

I'm pretty sure we have talked about Krispy Kreme donuts before and I hope you are fortunate enough to have one near where you live! We have one, although it's not that close, it's about a 40-minute drive from our house.

The kids love Krispy Kreme for many reasons, the hats, watching them make the donuts (we can only go there when the HOT sign is on), but most of all, the FREE donuts! Yeah, I said free. Yesterday we stopped on our way to the Drama Queen's play (Baby Doll had to use a potty and we were so close...). We walked out of the store with 4 dozen donuts + the 9 free samples they gave us hot from the oil and we only paid for one dozen.

That's because Krispy Kreme thinks that school and good grades are important! They give the kids a donut for each A up to 6. So I have six kids in public schools and they each received 6 donuts. When the kids earn their donuts, I let them do whatever they want with them. This year Crafty and Princess gave theirs away, but typically it has been a tradition for them to write their names on their boxes with Sharpies the minute we get home so we don't have any trouble. But recently they have begun decorating their boxes. I think Sport spent an hour on his this time. I know the pics aren't great, but his box is covered with all the sports he loves. Curly just put football on his, but doesn't he draw well for a kindergartner?

I only took pics of the boys this time although I'm sure the girls did a great job too. I ought to link this to Krispy Kreme, shouldn't I?! I'm giving them some great free advertising! Which seems fair, since they gave all of us some great free donuts.
Thanks, Krispy Kreme!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to Krispy Kreme for their free doughnut day, worst glazed donut we ever tried..Took it back to the place we could not eat it and they gave us two apple fritters now those are some good apple fritters..Don't see the reason people go to that donut place, their donuts other than the apple fritters are terrible! We have a tiny place and the place sells out about noon and after noon they give the donuts to the school nearest the place, and they are totally yummee..Over rated on the Krispy Kreme!

Denise said...

Your kids are way beyond awesome. I love Krispy Kreme.