Apr 5, 2014

Being Productive

I got out of bed this morning much earlier than I wanted to on a Saturday. It was only 8:00, but since I'd been up until 1:30 and again at 4:00 and 6:00 for various other things, I really didn't want to get out of bed. But it is conference weekend and I knew the kids would want to get to the Home Depot class so we could be home by 10:00. Apparently everyone else had that idea too. It was so crowded! We just collected our kits and headed home to make them at the kitchen table.

My sweetie turned on the TV and tuned it to KSL. Ten minutes until conference time, that's when I made my announcement. I told the kids we were definitely listening to conference, but they would each be assigned a wall to wash in the kitchen or family room. They looked at me like I had things crawling out of my ears! Yes, kids, we can work and be productive and listen to conference at the same time.

It was actually lots of fun working together and listening to the talks. As 11:30 rolled around we put a half dozen frozen pizzas in the oven so we could eat between sessions. I like living, learning, loving, and working together. And you know what?

Nobody complained when I said we would all be folding laundry for the afternoon session.
That's got to be good. :)


3 comments:

Cindy said...

Good for you! It promotes so much when we work together as a family. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Since you have a large family why not ask them to contribute, one Mother and one Father cannot do all & with your finger and all, goodness sakes, it just makes sense to me and folding laundry, one can only imagine how much you have to fold each week! God's Blessings in your finger recovery and your health, your sweet angel of a daughter Teach will be home soon, the time will have passed she is already changed on fire for the Lord and the LDS church and it's teachings. What a wonderful example of great faith and courage and love of our Lord and Savior..ciao happy week ahead!X()

Denise said...

Enjoy the rest of your week.