Apr 7, 2023

REVIEW: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret.

Last week we were invited to preview Lionsgate's new movie. It just happened to be about one of my favorite Judy Blume novels, Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret.


We were an unlikely group for what is undoubtedly a movie targeted at teen and tween girls. 


Dog Walker and Curly were mostly confused by the typical girl behaviors, but Baby Doll and I really enjoyed the movie.


It was placed in 1970 and since I was born in 1965, the settings and cars, even the soda cans reminded me of my childhood.

Story-wise, I loved that this girl who was raised in a home without any religion still recognized the need to talk with God. For those of us focusing there, it was amazing.


After you see the movie, go read the book.

No comments: