Jan 6, 2023

News from North Dakota from Elder Sport

Hey buddies 

I had a great Christmas! We got a ton of free chocolate milk for helping the salvation army so right away it was unreal! We got to talk to family and play some volleyball Christmas Eve then went to our ward mission leaders on  Christmas! I'm so grateful for the awesome and fun members out here. Thanks for all your cards and emails! 

New years was also hype, we went to Gary and Kathy's and played some intense jenga! Love those guys.

We were able to play some laser tag in the church gym yesterday and it was intense! Literally like hiding behind little tents haha. At one point I grabbed the rolling whitepage and charged one of bases with a rolling sheild, it was awesome! Only a few were hurt in the process lol. 

I also got to go to New Town on the Fort Berthold Reservation this week with Elder C... I miss the Reservations and Native culture so much! It was a lot of fun and ran into a lot of miracles and crazy situations, we had the rez dogs chasin us at our first place we went!

We shoveled a crap ton of snow last week too with the big storm, I think I've already shoveled more than last winter!

Hope you all have an awesome week and new year,  I was able to read Alma's council to his sons this week in Alma 36- 42 and I loved it! Here's on of my favorites....

Alma 38: 14

14 Do not say: O God, I thank thee that we are better than our brethren; but rather say: O Lord, forgive my unworthiness, and remember my brethren in mercy—yea, acknowledge your unworthiness before God at all times

I love this scripture because if shows that we can come closer to God by admitting our weakness and unworthiness to him! No matter what Sins or wrongs we've done, we can return to him and be healed. I've seen this in my own life over and over! We have the hope of being with him although we aren't perfect. I love the lesson also taught in Alma chapter 40:13... it teaches how the captivite evil spirits have "no part nor portion of the spirit of the Lord" So if we do have a portion, even a small one, there's so much hope for us! I know as we act on the little we do feel and know it well grow in our hearts like a sead of faithđź’™


 Love you all! 


Elder Nephi Christensen 



No comments: