Feb 14, 2022

Scout's First Sweetheart's Dance

She didn’t want to go. But I said, "You are an FCCLA Officer." She looked annoyed. "You have to go." This argument took a month before finally last week she agreed to go...IF she could have a new dress. "Ok," I grumbled. Then she promptly invited Burrito to be her date.

It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but after about 30 seconds, I smiled and jumped in with both feet. "Taco needs a date too. Then you will have a group." He invited a cutie from the Cupcake Club and we were off and running.
The theme was 50s, so I ordered a dress on Amazon. It was my job to procure flowers, give haircuts, and take pics (although the pics were my idea; I could hardly get them to stand still long enough for me snap a few).
Turns out they had a great time! They did a cookoff which took care of dinner (thank goodness I was at a volleyball tournament; they trashed my kitchen). Then they came back afterward and played games until 11:00 PM. First high school dance... done. 

I win.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

The 50's photos are awesome. Loved that you talked them into going. It is significant to go to those dances. I'm happy they went together.
Hugs for them all!