Sep 4, 2021

Traveling Together - Saratoga Race Course

I don't really have a bucket list, but I do have a few things I would like to see and do; the Northern Lights, the fjords of Norway, Buckingham Palace, stuff like that... and a horse race that's not on TV where ladies wear fancy hats and dresses and the men place bets and the horses run and sweat with real jockeys and everything. 

When I realized that coming back from Vermont we could drive right through Saratoga Springs, I put it on my wish list. Not even my sweetie knew that this was something I might want to do. 

So we did it, fancy hats, dresses and all. No betting though...

It was everything I had hoped for except that many of the races were only half filled with lots of horses scratched. 

After we finished at the track, we sprinted back to the condo for one last game of mini golf and a dip in the pool while our clothes were spinning in the laundry room. 

Tomorrow we leave South Lee and make our way to Cape Cod where we are meeting Teach and her family. We are all so excited to see them again.



No comments: