Sep 3, 2021

Traveling Together - Amazing Vermont

Wednesday morning began bright and early. We had SO many things on our list for the day. Our first stop was actually a drive-by through Albany. We had since the New York State Capitol Building from the freeway, but I really wanted to see those beautiful old buildings up close.

From the freeway, it only looks like one, but up close, we could see that the Plaza had many more buildings worthy of our attention.

We even took a second time around so we could see them from both sides of the car. 

But it wasn't long before we were back on the road again. There were just too many things to do. Our next stop was Fort Ticonderoga. My sweetie has always been fascinated with that part of history, you know, cannons and muskets and all. 

I didn't know it was actually a working fort; not just Living History stuff, with people in period costumes and all, but the workers make their own clothes, their own shoes, and cook all of their own food. 

We could have spent all day at the fort, but we had other places to go. Next stop: Lake Champlaign Maritime Museum. My favorite part about this smallish kinds of boats of all ages out on display. 

Sadly, we were there on the wrong day, so we didn't get to tour their schooner that they had docked. 

Our final destination was only a little further down the road and we were pretty excited to get there. My sweetie and I had never been to Vermont before and we wanted it to be an amazing memory for the kids, so we booked a little sunset cruise on the Spirit of Ethan Allen. 

The food was delicious, but the sunset was spectacular!

I have never seen anything so beautiful (in nature) in my entire life.

Scout is truly a fantastic photographer. She could sell postcards.

Really.

]

I know this was definitely something I will never forget.


No comments: