Apr 27, 2020

COVID-19 - Making Masks



You know I spent a good part of my week making 50 cloth masks for a couple of different businesses (and doing a LOT of laundry), but what you don't know is that I also spent a fair amount of time making masks to be donated through our church and a group of charities providing 5 million masks.

Although not as daunting as the cloth masks, the 100 surgical grade masks required to be turned in on Saturday morning after a full week of sewing looked impossible on Friday morning as I opened the plastic bag full of precut pieces.

That's about when I started reading the text chain from my Relief Society sisters. They were all finished with their masks and when I confided my plight, within minutes they had offered relief.

The 40 still left in my bag were manageable and Crafty and I had them in the collection bin well before the Saturday morning drop off time.

I am so grateful to these sweet ladies who had already given what they had committed to give. I'm sure their hands hurt from the pin pricks and their backs ached just like mine and yet still, they came to the rescue for me.

Charity never Faileth.

Thank you again, my sweet sisters.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Way to go girl! I made some too on a 1936 Singer Sewing machine of my mother's. I'm going to share the moment on my blog.
You look lovely in the black mask. I am so thrilled with how all the sisters have responded to this service project. It is an awesome one!
Blessing and hugs!