Apr 21, 2020

COVID-19 Changes Everything

The world seems like such a scary place lately, yet when I walk outside my front door, it seems almost normal. I was in a grocery store last week for the first time since before my surgery in February. Everything is so different. Santized carts, plexiglass, empty shelves...

Even my skills are being used differently. I had orders for two different companies this week who wanted me to make facemasks for them. I'm terrified that my embroidery machine or my serger might stop working since there is no one open to fix them.


Even the black elastic I ordered from Amazon that I would have normally gotten in 2 days took almost a week to get to me.


How did this all happen? We are supposed to be living in a world where nothing can shake us. And yet, the entire world has fallen to its knees. The total known death toll in Utah is at 28 today. We are so much better off since our Governor took early measures and closed things quickly. Some states like New York are cheering that their overnight death toll from COVID-19 is under 500. That is just the death count for a single day!

I don't like uncertainty. I like order. And control over my own little corner of the world. I don't like knowing that all of that "control" is truly an illusion.


2 comments:

Cindy said...

This virus has truly shaken the planet. I pray you and your family stay safe and healthy. God bless ~

LeAnn said...

Wow, this has been hard. However, I know the Lord has a purpose in all things. I think we are being humbled and that many will be more receptive to the gospel. I feel that we are only preparing for more since I think the coming of the Lord is not that far away. Probably not for a few years, but sooner than we may think. I also know the Lord won't keep temples closed and missionary work on hold. I have great faith there are good days to come.
Sending loving thoughts, prayers, and hugs your way!