Jan 30, 2020

My Birthday Weekend

It looks like the Dog Walker volun-told me to tell you all about my birthday weekend, although I did have a nice one and I don't mind sharing it, I'm just not sure when he got so bossy...

So my actual birthday was on Saturday and as you know, that day is covered with Jr. Jazz games, but I did manage to slip in a few more things. Baby Doll had the first game at 9:00 and the other team forfeited although we loaned them a player and we still beat them.

Since Curly's game wasn't until 3:00, Grandpa, Curly, and I went to the Draper Temple. Together, Curly and Grandpa did 8 baptisms and I did 10 names in Initiatory. We got back with only a few minutes to change before we had to leave for the game.


Curly's game was crazy with one kid who was fouling everyone, but the official "didn't see it." We were down by 3 and Curly threw up the final 3-point shot to tie and it bounced in and out. He was pretty devastated, but I was fine with it. The boys played hard and I was proud of them. They even sang to me! (Mostly I think that is because Curly bribed them with Dunford chocolate donuts...)

Back at the house, Beauty and The Beast showed up with their boys. I had planned to go to Sport's game at 6:00, but when they came, I thought I would skip it this time. Then Sport called me all frantic about 5:45 and said both their coaches were out of town and could I please come and coach his team.


His buddies are all great guys and it was actually pretty fun! Strangely, the game came down to a 3-point shot, just like Curly's game. One of our guys was fouled, but he missed it and our plan to bounce the second shot off the rim and put it back in was lost. Then we decided that tossing in the 3 was the best plan. Sadly, that same kid missed the shot, in and out just like Curly's, and the game was over so we hustled back to the house.


We had planned a pizza party for Saturday night and a bunch of the kids came over and we watched the 1st Jumanji (not the Robin Williams version) so my sweetie could see all that he had missed. It filled in all the holes for him and the pizza was good too, but my favorite part was the carrot cake and the sweet singing!


Then we had the rare opportunity to set off fireworks because it was also Chinese New Year, so my sweetie brought home 4 aerials and the Dog Walker brought a big box of the pop-it type. It was so much fun thinking that the fireworks were just for me.


I was going to squish both Saturday and Sunday into one post, but it looks like I got a bit excited about the basketball games, so I guess we will just have to wait...

2 comments:

Dog-Walker said...

I wasn't being bossy... I was just telling them that it was your birthday and I thought the person who had a birthday should tell people how it went from their point of view. And this is your blog. Please don't think I was being rude, I was just making a point.

Bossy said...

You say bossy like it is a bad thing....