Jan 15, 2020

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...

I know! It might seem that we just returned from Canada and in fact, we did. But last weekend my sweetie came home from work with an assignment to attend a meeting in San Diego and since Drama Queen is working for us during these few weeks while she is waiting for her new job to start on January 21st, we decided to take advantage of the opportunity. Besides, airfare to the west coast is relatively cheap.

It has just taken me 2 hours to type out all of the activities and household issues for Drama Queen. When we left in November, we were able to more carefully sweep clean most of our schedule. That didn't happen this time because we didn't have any notice. Thank goodness Drama Queen is a good sport.

We are leaving on Wednesday morning and we will be back the following Tuesday. Earlier today I discovered something pretty amazing. I was looking for activities for us to do in San Diego; stuff that could work in and around my sweetie's meetings. Then I found the Go San Diego pass. It includes way more than we could ever hope to do while we are there even without kids to slow us down. The main attraction is Sea World (or a trolley pick up drop off ride, but I'm not that old yet).


Knottsberry Farm, Legoland, and cruises are pretty exciting as are the museum tours. The price was good too! Only $610 for BOTH of us for 7-day passes. But not to worry, I will keep you posted along the way so you know just what we are doing and you can judge for yourself.

Since we already called our Canada trip the Grand Adventure, I guess we need to name this one something different. I was thinking "Go San Diego." What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lived in san diego for a good long while..That is a pretty big amount one doesn't need to go to all those attractions, sea world is great but it is expensive now..The museums are discounted weekly and the zoo is too...Cruises must have jumped up mightly I would check out prices individually rather than pay that price, you might be surprised to find it cheaper and just how many places do you plan to actually see and visit in your stay??? Food is enormous in san diego, they just get you left and right..watch that go to price, it seems pretty high in my mind, but have not been to san diego in years, think it is over rated since I lived there and knew many attrations were not worth lots of money to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dog-Walker said...

How about "Our Cali Trip"?