Nov 15, 2019

Our Grand Adventure - Lake Ontario

The Great Hall and Skywalk kept us warm and dry.

Ok, my post is a little misleading... I didn't actually get to see Lake Ontario up close, but I did see a whole lot of it from the CN Tower! But wait... I am getting ahead of myself. When I left you yesterday, we were just bedding down in the ginormous Chelsea Hotel. I have to say that the room wasn't bad, but when I got up, my back hurt terribly! Of course, you know I'm a bit picky when it comes to hotel beds so I was glad we didn't stay there a second night. 


We got up pretty early, checked out of the hotel (but not the parking) and took the subway to Ripley's Aquarium. It is probably the best aquarium I have ever seen and I have been in quite a few good ones. The water was right over the top of us as we rode on a moving sidewalk around the largest exhibit that included sharks and giant sea turtles.



My sweetie was impressed with the size of the jellyfish and of course I had to take a pic of a stingray just for Sport. They had some huge ones! Although I'm pretty sure the one he tangled with in California was of the smaller variety.



After we left the aquarium, we walked across the plaza to the CN Tower. My sweetie was excited for this one. I had made a reservation for us to each lunch in the 360 Restaurant, a fancy eatery that costs a fortune but rotates around the 131-story tower so you can see the entire view while you eat. Actually, the tower is taller than that; it is the 9th tallest building in the world, but we only went that high. Some crazy people do go even higher...



The tower took us a little longer than we had planned and we got stuck in Friday night traffic leaving the parking garage. I had wanted to stop at one of the little parks so I could see Lake Ontario a little closer. Hopefully that can happen for us in a couple of days. Our last destination for the day was the Toronto Temple.

First glimpse of the Toronto Temple.
They have a limited schedule, so we were afraid we might miss the session, but we got there just in time to change and be asked to serve as the witness couple. The temple was beautiful and amazing, a mini Jordan River temple and their brand new paintings are so different and so perfect.


After our session was over, we stopped for gas and a burger on our way back to the condo. I'm not super impressed with food in Canada. It's probably just that I am so spoiled with amazing cooks all around me, but if I lived up here I would have to have a constant supply of Bounty bars to keep me from wasting away.

More tomorrow. We have another down day since we are old and we have to rest once in a while...


No comments: