Nov 7, 2019

Birthday Lunch at Red Robin Pays Off with a Mile-Hi Pie

So I told you that Monday was the Dog Walker's birthday. He turned 26. That is not my favorite birthday, because it is the one where I have to deal with insurance issues. Thankfully, Puppy Lover turned 26 in May so I had to deal with it already this year. I think (I hope!) that makes it all a little easier.


I have spent many hours trying to decide on insurance plans for my dad, Dog Walker and his family and now my own family. My sweetie's company is changing from Aetna, a company we have been with for more than a decade, to Cigna, an unknown for us so there are so many things to evaluate and decisions to make.


But I digress...


This is a post about the Dog Walker and his birthday. We live an interesting life right now. Dog Walker stays here alone about half the week so he can study, go to work, and class. Puppy Lover stays in North Salt Lake so she can work too. It has been rough on him and more especially on his wife, but somehow we are making it work. We all know it is only for a little longer and we are all invested in helping Dog Walker graduate with his BS degree in December.


Yumm!! and FREE!!

Long story short, we got to share him for his birthday. He went to class Monday morning and then Skittles and I took him to lunch at Red Robin because we knew they were offering birthday boys (and girls) a free mile-hi pie!

I think I really want to eat that cherry...
After we finished up our lunch and drove back to the house, Dog Walker gathered his things and headed home to his wife so they could celebrate in North Salt Lake. Then near the end of the month, we will celebrate all 5 of the November birthdays.

But for now, Dog Walker, enjoy all of your special birthday wishes... and ice cream...

Dog Walker celebrating with Puppy Lover

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is always so sad to see the US citizens struggling with getting health coverage. I swear that if your country had universal health care and gun restriction half of the tv and movie plot lines would dry up. No one should have to fall outside of the basic right of a civilized society to have access to healthcare and not have to lie, give up a home or live in debt because of it