Oct 24, 2018

Happy (really late!) Birthday, Baby Doll

I have a story for you. So way back before Baby Doll and Curly went off track in September, I gave her a stack of invitations for her birthday party on September 25. Sadly, she got nervous and only managed to hand out one of them to one of her two best friends before all of the kids went home to spend 3 weeks with their families.


I was not happy. I already had things bought for her party favor bags and games planned. We almost didn't have a party at all!


But then I remembered how important it was to turn 8, and I relented. After off track was over, we took the already printed invitations and added a sticker with the new date of October 23 (almost a whole month later!). Then I visited her school and together we invited her entire class to her birthday party that is now the week before Halloween.


The end of summer party we had planned had to be changed! Fortunately for me, Teach had a class party last week and they played some super fun fall party games. The treat bags had to stay the same, but we changed out all the games. And even though we had a rainout right in the middle of the party, and we brought everyone inside, the kids had a great time and more importantly, Baby Doll was happy.


So Baby Doll, one last time and two weeks late, Happy Birthday!!


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I was wondering why she was having a party so late. However, I thnk it was worth the wait for her;it looks so fun and she did look extra happy.
Hugs for Baby Doll!