Oct 12, 2018

Feeling Totally Overwhelmed

I usually keep my life in pretty good control by getting things done early and planning ahead, but today was one of those days when I felt totally overwhelmed and honestly, it showed! I didn't blow up, I just fell into a slow and steady meltdown.

It started with the fact that I already had too much to do when Bossy sent out an email begging me to help her today with Burrito. He wanted to enter the Reflections contest, but the deadline is tomorrow and he hadn't done anything. I wanted to say no, really I did, but the next thing I knew, my plans to fold all the laundry the Dog Walker brought to my family room were thwarted...not that I really wanted to fold laundry, it's just that I have my first scout meeting on Friday and a big family party on Saturday morning for Baby Doll who is getting baptized. I also had a large pot of tomato sauce that needed to be cooked down and pressured before I headed out for volleyball (of which I'm in charge) at 6:30 with little hope of returning home before 10:00.

Wednesday night volleyball for Scout. They won both matches.

Oh, and did I mention that I had Twizlet all day? Or that we are dog-sitting? Or that Scout's Reflections deadline is also on Friday and she was counting on my support to finish things up? And just to make things that much harder, I also have a boutique that I have to set up for on Friday (not at my house, thank goodness!) and... and... and...

My lists never end, but this time my brain decided to check out.

I forgot to pick up Baby Doll at the dance studio. She patiently waited for her ride for 45 minutes. I totally forgot that when Curly gets home from football practice on Thursdays that he only has about 15 minutes to change and get to his Jazz class. I remembered about 10 minutes before the class was over. And Crafty called me from the church... "Mom, are we going to have anything for dinner tonight?" Thankfully those words were followed by, "Would you like me to make something?"

I'm so sorry you get this long rant from me today. I should probably either go to bed or go fold some of that laundry...

No comments: