Aug 7, 2018

Guest Blogger: Camping at Yuba by Dog Walker and Cat Lover

It's been quite a while for me and Cat Lover to write on my mom's blog ever since we explained about other great events we've had ever since we got married. Another fun event that we did for the first time as a couple is going on a camping trip to Yuba with Cat Lover's side of the family. It was a chance that Cat Lover and I could spend together while being away from our everyday routines. It was also a chance that Cat Lover and I could demonstrate the Wolf-em treat to her family.




The trip started on the 27 of July. We had to wait for almost an hour to wait for one of Cat Lover's sisters' husband to come out from doing a blood test at the doctor's office. We drove all the way to the Yuba Natural Park. I've never been to Yuba in my life. It's just on the other side of Nephi City where Drama Queen taught at Juab High School. When we got there, it was a great looking lake to sightsee. Cat Lover and I had a chance to go for a little bit of a swim in the lake before the rest of her family showed up with tents to set up on the campground we made a reservation to.

Cat Lover grew up loving to ride on a four-wheeler and motorcycle with her parents on bumpy dirty rides. In fact, her entire family had grew up loving to go dirt riding. I never rode a motorcycle or a four-wheeler. A funny thing is, I used my car to drive on the dirty bump ground near a beach of the lake. Even Cat Lover was with me on one run. She thought it was fun, but she would prefer riding on the four wheeler with her mom and the motorcycle with her dad.

We had lots of fun having a campfire around, even if there was so much wind that was always trying to blow our tents down and I would feel really stressed out that it's been a while for me and my family to go on an outing from home. On the first night, it was hard for me and Cat Lover to sleep on the air mattress that was blown up for the night, but then by morning it had deflated itself. However, on the second night, we slept with Cat Lover's parents on mattress pads. It was still hard to sleep inside a tent, because you never get used to camping often, but I didn't want to disappoint Cat Lover and her parents.


There have been a few of the times during a day that I was feeling so stressed out about being out in the fresh air with mosquitos flying around, wind blowing our tents down, and even having to toss and turn on the ground to sleep. Cat Lover was always worried that I wasn't having any fun on the camping trip, but I kept telling her that I really was having fun, even if my gestures sometimes didn't look like it. She did let me have the opportunity to go home a day early and wait for them to come back home, but I told them that I could still be at camp, because if I left camp without Cat Lover, my family would be so upset with me for abandoning my spouse with her parents all alone. That would make me feel like I'm a terrible husband, so I just stayed with them until the last day when we had a chance to go home after a fun camping trip.

We stayed in Yuba for two nights until Sunday when it was time to go home. We still had fun in Yuba, experiencing a new place you've never been to before and even sightseeing the valley. I'm hoping next summer, I'll have another fun camping trip with Cat Lover and her family. And that time, I will make sure that I really am having fun with a fun gesture!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Wow, this did seem like a great family outing. I am sorry that the wind almost blew down your tents and that the sleeping was hard. I’m like you I think camping can be a bit hard. I have done it through they years but I probably showed the not as happy camper look. I am happy you stuck it out; htat is what we do for those we love.
Blessings and hugs for you two!

Natalie Ockey said...

I really need to know what the Wolf-em Treat is!

~R