Jul 16, 2018

Love the Weekend

It was a nice, quiet weekend here. On Saturday morning I took Curly to pick up his football equipment. Last year I had 3 kids playing and this year he is the only one. I'm a little sad about that. Crafty took the ACT (again) hoping to break that barrier and get in the 30s rather than 29.

My sweetie assigned all the kids chores and I started cleaning up in the office. I may or may not have tricked him into cleaning his desk... and now it's cleaner than mine. At 5:00, Grandpa, Beauty, Drama Queen and I all made a trip to the temple. We set a goal at the beginning of the summer to have someone attend the temple every week and so far we have been successful.


After we got home and had a lovely dinner, my sweetie and I ran out for some late night shopping. He needed some sandals for our vacation. Did I tell you we are planning to go whitewater rafting for part of our journey? I'm a little nervous, but excited too. I've never been rafting before.


Then on Sunday, we attended a birthday party for my niece in the afternoon, church in the morning, of course, and then the evening just watching a little TV while I did some mending. I know I should have been packing since we are leaving on Wednesday, but there is plenty of time for that tomorrow when my sweetie is at work.


This is the first time we will be going on vacation with just our "little" family... that means the 5 youngest. The Dog Walker and Cat Lover have to work and Grandpa didn't want to miss his mission again, so they are all staying home. Our eventual destination is Mt. Rushmore! It's one of those places my sweetie has always wanted to see and the timing is right.

But the packing can wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, your weekend sounded lovely. Of course, having the temple as part of itis the best. I am excited about your vacation plans and will look forward to the photos and thoughts while you are away. Blessings and hugs!