Jul 26, 2018

Crazy Horse

When we first started telling people we were going to South Dakota, several of them told us we couldn't miss Crazy Horse. It was not something I had even heard of before, but I thought we had better check it out. The monument wasn't far from Mt. Rushmore, so we decided to drive over.

They took a free picture for us in the visitor's center.
My sweetie was skeptical at first, grousing about the $30 entry fee, but by the time we left, I think even he was convinced that this was an amazing place and a real labor of love for many people. This monument is only partially finished and it will be another century before the image on the mountain becomes its final shape because they don't accept government money and the site is self-sufficient.

On the bus
Our favorite part was the bus ride that took us much nearer the work on the mountain. Our driver was full of stories and extra information we didn't get at the visitor's center. We also toured the museum and we were treated to a concert with a Native American flavor. 


I know I had a great time and if we ever get back there, I hope the weather is good so we can watch the laser light show on the mountain. That would definitely be amazing!


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that looks like an excellent place to visit. I like the idea they are doing this. It seems like quite the project. I think it is fantastic that you got to see a show too.
Loved this one! Blessings and hugs~