Nov 19, 2017

Powderpuff Pinewood Derby

I just realized I never told you about last Saturday's Powderpuff Pinewood Derby! My sweetie spent several evenings helping my cute niece and Baby Doll make their cars. Scout decided she was going to race one she had recently helped make for Curly's pinewood derby, so hers was easy.


I was recruited to help weigh and label cars the minute we walked into the church since I am on the Leadership Team for our Girl Scout Community. They had the race split into two age groups, one for Baby Doll and her little cousin, and Scout was in the other one. The little girls raced first.


I was still manning the table, so when Baby Doll's name was called over the microphone, I would take a dozen steps closer so I could watch her race. She took first in all 3 races, including the one with her cousin, so she was thinking she must have done really well, even to the point that she was a bit disappointed when her name was called as the 3rd place winner. She received a gift bag full of cute scout prizes, a journal, markers, and various other little trinkets.


Then it was time to settle back and watch Scout's race. I didn't have to check in any more cars, so I was able to sit with the rest of the family and simply enjoy the races. Scout's car finished 2nd in one race, but 1st in all the others. This time we had Curly watching the times so hopefully we could see just about where she would place.


It was hard to keep track of the really close races, but when all was said and done, her times put her in 2nd place and she received a gift bag with exactly the same things that were in the 3rd place bag so I guess it didn't really matter. Both girls went home happy and I was just relieved to have it all over for another year.

Silly kids!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, I love that you had a Powderpuff Piniwood I think it is awesome that your girls placed 2nd and 3rd. Way to go girls; hugs you all!