Nov 28, 2017

Festival of Lights in Spanish Fork

One of our favorite holiday traditions is visiting the Festival of Lights in Spanish Fork. Usually we go later in the season, and tonight for Family Home Evening we had planned a trip to Temple Square, but the rain kept us away so we headed south instead.

Our first stop was Krispee Kreme donuts. The big kids were a bit disappointed that they no longer give free donuts for any scholar older than 6th grade. But all three of my youngest got six donuts each and I bought a couple of dozen for the rest of us so it all worked out.


Then we headed for Spanish Fork. It wasn't really that much further than driving to downtown Salt Lake and being in a nice, warm, dry van was way better. We even took a second turn around the lights so we could see them twice although you have to go before December 8th if you want to do that.

Good thing Drama Queen did all the driving.

It only cost $8 for our carload of 9 people. We were missing Crafty who had dance and my sweetie who couldn't get away from work, but we had a cute friend of Sport's along with us instead. The lights never disappoint and they always have something new that the kids don't remember seeing before. This time it was elephants, tigers, and butterflies.


Dog Walker is working on his final paper now for his multicultural class while I am talking to all of you. I'm too tired to do much more than that. I spent my day hanging posters for the ballet this weekend. I told you I had a dozen? Wrong! I took posters to over 30 schools today and I still have 10 left to deliver tomorrow. It's a good thing I didn't have Twizlet today and tomorrow. That would have made it impossible.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing about the Festivalof Lights in Spanish Fork. I haven't heard of that before. It looks intriguing. Wow, I can't imagine going to that many schools to put up the Dance posters. You are just so awesome! Yes, taking a baby to do all that would not have worked.
Blessings and hugs for you!