Jun 30, 2015

Party for Prima Donna - Happy 17th!

The Dog Walker did an excellent job on his mission report on Sunday as you can tell from his talk he included yesterday. I was so proud of him! After the meeting we had our clan gather on the stage so that Sport could be ordained a deacon. It was so fun to look around at all those familiar faces and see the love and support they give my family.

We adjourned to the house for a fun family breakfast party. I have no idea why I didn't even think to take any pictures. We had plenty of food and fine conversation. Things wrapped up about 1:00 and I had a few minutes to think before it was time to get things ready for Prima Donna's party.

Teach and I put together a meatloaf while my sweetie whipped up a batch of rolls. I was pretty pleased with my cake, what do you think? Prima Donna loves My Little Pony, and I was excited to find one for her that she didn't already own. Drama Queen was afraid we would catch it on fire, so she took it off before we lit the candles...

Swimming lessons started this morning for Sport, Scout, Curly, and Baby Doll. Crafty is also helping with a couple of classes. I have to confess that I took a 3-hour nap this afternoon. I seem to be catching a summer cold with an irritating cough, sore throat, runny nose... the works. I have a much slower week other than getting Princess ready to leave for Washington DC on Saturday (remember when she earned her FCCLA trip?)

Oh yeah, and I'm taking my girl scout troop to Antelope Island on Friday. Sport has golf lessons, we are in the last week of tennis lessons, and swimming goes 4 days a week for 2 weeks. Can you believe that June is pretty much over? Where did it go?






1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Yup! I even feel that June just kind of went by in a flash. I am so happy to hear that you took a nap. I hope your cold will get better quickly. I swear by Airborne and Zinc.
I already stated how much I loved Dog Walker's talk in person and his blog post.
That was a busy Sunday. I thought the cake was adorable. Happy Birthday for your sweet girl; belated.
You mentions that you had a calmer week; I can't see that in this one. You are just one busy awesome Mother.
Hugs for you!