Jun 26, 2015

Another Party

At least I wasn't in charge of this one this time. Sport's baseball coach arranged for a BBQ in his backyard. He grilled burgers and hot dogs and we all had to contribute something. The kids had so much fun in his pool and on his trampoline that I could hardly get them out to go home!

Can we ever go to a party and not spill a cup?
It's been a great baseball season, and as always, maybe a bit too short. I love my time at the ballpark. I wish I could say it is my de-stress time, but that wouldn't be true. There's an awful lot of stress involved when Sport is pitching or Curly is standing at bat, or Scout is throwing to first base, but I love it. I love the smell of the field and the crack of the bat.

When I was a child and even a teenager, softball was my life. I would have played every day and I was good at it. Now my arm can't remember how to throw, but I can still catch that fastball and my bat still works. As long as I am able, I will spend all my spring days at the park watching my kids play ball and dreaming of the days when I was fielding at shortstop and throwing my fastball to first.




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I was raised on a baseball field since my Dad coached the town team and some young teams too. I wasn't a bad player myself; but I prefer watching my grandchildren play now.
Hugs!