Jun 16, 2015

Mini Disaster

I promised you a post about our mini disaster, and I've been putting it off because it is so hard to figure out how to do things on my sweetie's computer. Yes, mine has the blue screen of death on it today...

So back on Memorial Day weekend, when we were out of town for 4 days, something happened to the pressure valves on both of my dishwashers. We got home to water running down through the ceiling in the Dog Walker's room that caused it to collapse on his bed. Thank goodness he wasn't in it!

At first we thought it was only one of the dishwashers and my sweetie pulled it out and shut off the water. The drywall that was damaged appeared to be about 6 feet square. It had mostly fallen right on the bed, along with a bunch of dirty water.

My sweetie was sure we had solved the problem as we moved the bed and most of the Dog Walker's belongings out of the room. Unfortunately, he was wrong.

Over the next day or so, as my beautiful hardwood in the kitchen continued to warp and bow, the water also continued to drip into the bedroom. I finally convinced my sweetie to please check for another source and he discovered that whatever had caused the change in water pressure had taken out both dishwashers!

That's when we decided we had better call our insurance agent so we could try to get some help with the repairs. The Dog Walker's room has mostly been gutted now as you can see. Fortunately we no longer have water dripping, but the damage is already done. The warped part of the kitchen floor is high enough now that it's easy to trip over if I'm not paying attention. And the Dog Walker has been semi-permanently moved to another bedroom for now.

This is what happens when we start planning for fun summer projects! :)



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am so sorry you have had to have this home disaster. A short time after we moved into this home. I had left the washer on while running some errands and it flooded the wash room, the hallway and bedroom, the downstairs bathroom and a small family room. It was a mess.These kind of moments give me a stomach.
Blessings for this one~