Sep 23, 2014

Just in Time

You know how much we love books around here. Well, we found some great ones I want to share with you especially if you have elementary-aged kids.

A while back I posted on the Amazing Utah History Hunt. It was a fun summer activity in Utah where Barnes & Noble were giving away the Just in Time books written by Carol Lynch Williams and Cheri Pray Earl.

Well, we didn't win.

But after they asked me to post, I offered to read book one and report back to all of you with the kids' opinions. You know I love reading aloud to the kids, and these books are real page-turners. We were given book 1 to preview and I was surprised that Curly was the one who enjoyed it the most although Baby Doll, Scout, and Sport were all close by any time we opened the book.

If I tried to put it away after only one chapter, I would receive a vigorous round of complaints that often led to another chapter or two. In fact, we liked the books so well that I just ordered the second and third ones from Amazon. They are funny and educational with likeable characters. We can hardly wait to read the next one!




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I always love books that maybe my grandchildren would like.Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one; I am happy the children loved it.
Blessings!