Jul 8, 2014

Helena

Today was mostly a travel day. We got up late and had breakfast about 9:30, then we checked out of the hotel and left Idaho Falls. It was a long trip up into Montana.

We stopped at about 1:00 in Dillon, found a park and ate sandwiches for lunch. The kids loved the old-fashioned playground equipment. It was similar to the stuff we remembered as kids, so we let them play for over an hour before we got back on the road.

We didn't stop again until we got to Helena. The drive was long and the kids watched movies and played with electronics to keep them entertained. I read a book to my sweetie and snacked to pass the time. I don't even want to think about getting on the scales when I get home!

When we got to Helena, we drove around a bit and saw the state capitol and some of the other buildings in the downtown area. They have a beautiful old cathedral that the kids thought was pretty impressive.

We checked into the hotel and went swimming for a while, then we changed and went back out to drive more around the city. I love looking at different places just to see how other people live and spend their time. We stopped at a WalMart and restocked our picnic supplies and picked up a few other things. The kids were just dying to spend their own money so they bought Legos and other small toys to play with in the room.

We ordered pizza and just hung out for what little was left of the evening. We want to get on the road early tomorrow. We are planning some fun activities and we are leaving this city and heading to Great Falls. My sweetie says breakfast at 7:00 am... we shall see...

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am like you I loved to drive around and see how people live and what the areas are like. I just went back to my hometown and enjoyed just driving around and looking at how much it had changed.
The adventure goes on so continue to enjoy the moments. Blessings!