Jul 12, 2014

Cow Appreciation Day at Idaho Falls

Well, we made it. We drove for 6 hours today just so Curly could go to Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A. It took us longer to get out of the hotel and out of Great Falls than we had planned. We had hoped for a car wash, but that was not to be since the one we found was closed. But we made good time and didn't stop until we hit Helena.

Yeah, those are mosquitoes!
Then it was a quick in and out of the gas station and back on the road, but not before my sweetie pointed out the reason he wanted a car wash. Apparently when we were driving back from Glacier National Forest last night, we drove through several giant swarms of mosquitoes! Sport was pretty excited, he pumped his fist and cried, "Yes! Revenge!" The girls responded with a resounding, "Ewwww!!!" Yeah, those things on the front of my van that look like dirt? Literally thousands of mosquitoes carcasses. I guess there are some things you CAN take out of a National Park...

We drove until the kids were grumbling about lunch so at 2:30 or so we went to the same little park in Dillon and enjoyed a similar lunch to what we had last time. Only this time we were anxious to get back on the road so the kids didn't play for long.

It was almost 5:30 when we pulled into the hotel in Idaho Falls. The kids were a little disappointed that we were not in the same hotel, but they were excited to find that we were on the 6th floor. The long elevator ride made up for the difference.

We checked into our rooms and then donned our cow hats and drove the three or so miles to Chick-fil-A. I couldn't believe how crowded it was! We were fortunate to grab a table right at the perfect moment and we enjoyed our fries and crispy chicken sandwiches. We ate quickly since we had one more adventure in mind.

The theater a half block down was playing Maleficent, a movie the kids had been dying to see ever since Princess and her friend double dated with my sweetie and me when it first came out. The kids all enjoyed the movie and even Baby Doll wasn't too scared. It has a PG rating and other than a little violence (with no blood), they were good with it.

We even stopped at Burger King for a little sundae on the way back to the hotel. It was a long day and we had a little trouble with the kids grousing at each other and squabbling. Hopefully we won't see any of that tomorrow. For the most part the trip has been pretty peaceful.

I'll be thankful to sleep in my own bed again tomorrow night although I could do without the week's worth of laundry we've managed to accumulate.



2 comments:

Marci said...

Your trip sounds like a blast! I'm marking Cow Appreciation Day on my calendar for next year so that I remember to get some outfits ready for me and Emma!

LeAnn said...

Oh dear the laundry loads after a trip; I can relate to that one.
I am happy you made it to Cow Appreciation day. The trip looked like a fantastic one. You saw a lot in a short amount of time. I loved going along with you.
Blessings for all!