Jan 29, 2014

Randomness

When Teach was here and not off on her mission in Texas, and I was having a serious case of writer's block, she would pull out a bunch of random pictures and have me just spill a few memories. So I'm going to try that without her and see how it works out. The danger behind this project is getting lost for a couple of hours in pics, so I'm going to limit myself to three. Let's see how I do.


One of the first major out of state trips we ever took was to San Francisco. This pic was taken at Ghiradelli Square. We had just gotten a sample of their delicious chocolate when my sweetie snapped this one. Can you guess who is who? OK, I will tell you. Starting on the left is Drama Queen, then Dog Walker, Prima Donna, little tiny Crafty, and Princess. I'm thinking summer of 2004, but I could be off by a year.

Any guesses on who this cute little one is? If I tell you that pic was taken in 2006 does that help? You got it! It's Scout. She had the most beautiful auburn hair when she was little. But after about 6 months it was all gone and when it came back in it was mostly blond.

We have red hair in the family. I've probably told you this before, but my sweetie's great-grandma had long red hair. It was so long it actually reached to the floor, but she kept it all wrapped up on her head. One of my sweetie's brothers has red hair and when the Gym Rat's beard grew in for the first time, we were all totally shocked that even with his brownish blond hair, his beard is totally red!


This is one of my all time favorite pictures. I'm not even sure why I took it, but my sweetie and Sport were eating cereal and Sport was trying really hard to be just like his dad. I have a half dozen shots of the two of them, in various poses.

I think I like it because it reminds me that our kids try to mimic our behavior even in the simplest of things so it is important that we always remember to try to be good role models for them.

That was fun! How did I do? Did you learn anything new about me? It sure reminded me just how much I miss Teach.




4 comments:

Marci said...

I love the bottom one! It is so true that kids mimic what we do, what a great reminder!

Barbara said...

The last picture is such a great reminder to be good role models for our kids. They are always watching - good or bad.

Shell said...

Such a fun idea to get ideas for a post!

LeAnn said...

I think that was a great idea to do random pictures with the story behind them. I really enjoyed this one. The baby picture is precious. I have one granddaughter with very red hair and very curly too boot. She's a cute one and I loved the story on that one.
Blessings to you!