Mar 31, 2017

Making Easter Cupcakes

It's been a rather challenging week around here! Crafty was at State FCCLA competition on Tuesday and Wednesday (she qualified for Nationals!) and today was Cupcake Club. Her meeting was a week later than normal because last week was the end of the term, so we were feeling a bit off.

Thankfully, we got posters and announcements up before she left town and Mrs. Woodward bought most of the ingredients this time too, so that was nice, but this morning dawned way too early and one of my tasks was to make 96 unfrosted cupcakes before 2:00.


I just wasn't feeling it. I don't love cooking anyway and baking is only marginally better (mostly because the kids will usually actually eat the things I bake). By noon I knew I couldn't put it off any longer. By 2:20, I was parked at the high school with my basket full of goodies for yet another fun and exciting meeting.


Crafty is getting so good at running the meetings by herself, she really doesn't need me. I spent my time taking down the posters, talking with Mrs. Woodward about next year, and locating her FCCLA project. Oh, and running back home to get the sprinkles and colored sugar I forgot...


But the cupcakes turned out so cute! Our attendance was down because of the change in dates, so we had plenty to bring home for the kids and grandkids to decorate. (At least I managed to do one good thing preparing for Easter.) Right now my plate is pretty full.

So is Crafty's.




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Congrats on Crafty getting into the National competition. You do have very gifted children. I don't have a clue what it would be like to make 96 cupcakes. You are amazing. Hugs for you all on this one~