Widgets Magazine

Jun 20, 2016

Fenway Park

Old North Church
Today was a long day and I can prove it. For the first time ever, I got over 20,000 steps on my fitbit!

Bunker Hill Memorial
We started out the day a little later than we should have and that caused us problems finding a place to park. We finally went all the way to the other end of the orange line and the lot happened to have one spot there saved just for us.

We got on the train and made our way back to the center of the Freedom Trail so we could continue our trek. The Paul Revere house was fun and different, but I have to confess that the Old North Church looked pretty much like the other churches we have seen on this trip.

Replica of "Old Ironsides"
We walked through a couple of parks and some old cemeteries. Then we made the long hike to Bunker Hill. Honestly, it was a bit of a disappointment. The museum didn't have much in it and as we were walking across the grassy area to the monument, all I could think about was how much blood had been spilled in that very spot.

Riding the ferry across the harbor
The last part of the journey took us to the Museum for the Constitution. Now that was an amazing museum! The kids would have loved all the hands-on exhibits and life-sized people. My sweetie was pretty disappointed that they don't allow anyone to tour the boat on Mondays, but I was ok with it and he had seen it before.

Waiting for the game to start
We ended our Freedom Walk by way of the docks and the ferry ride back up the river. By then it was nearly 4:00 and we were both more than ready for lunch. We stopped at Legal Seafood because I wanted to try some really good clam chowder. My sweetie was less enthusastic, but he went along with the idea. We were both pleasantly surprised with how good it was even though it was a little pricey for lunch.

The hot dogs were amazing!
Another train ride took us to Fenway Park so we could watch the game between the Red Sox and the White Sox. Can I just say that the hot dogs at Fenway are amazing?! Even though the seats were a little small, we thoroughly enjoyed the game and the party atmosphere. We left during the 9th inning because the game was tied and I wasn't feeling very well. Multiple train rides took us back to our car and we got to the hotel just after 11:00  to find that none of our keys would work. That was a bit traumatic, but the desk attendent reprogrammed them and soon we will be off to bed.

We are leaving Boston tomorrow and will be slowly working our way toward New Jersey. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Natalie Ockey said...

Fenway Franks are amazing, for sure! I'm even going to forgive you for leaving after the ninth inning because the Sox had bases loaded with NO OUTS and couldn't push a run across! No fly ball, no walk, nothing! Then they lost in the tenth. I looked for you on the TV, but I couldn't see you. Have a great time!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...