Jun 18, 2016

Boston

On the subway
I have so much to tell you!

We got to the airport in plenty of time to catch our flight, but sometime very close to that, I discovered that my car keys were still in my pocket. Fortunately, Bossy hopped in her car and sped out to the airport just in time to grab them before we had to enter security.

The flight was pretty comfortable for such a long time in the same seat. We landed in Boston just after midnight, but by the time we got our car, made our way to the airport and checked in, it was after 2:00 AM.

Morning came way too early and we didn't get off as quickly as we had hoped. We drove to the subway station and then took the train to the beginning of the Freedom Walk. My sweetie had been on the path before, so he knew all the best things to see.

He thought I was a little crazy when I suggested we have lunch and the "original" Boston Cream Pie at the Omni Hotel. But he humored me and it turned out to be delicious and pretty reasonable for such a nice place. It was by far the best Boston Cream Pie I have ever eaten!

Since we were already behind and we figured we would have to come back on Monday or Tuesday to finish the Freedom Walk, we only did half and then drove out to New Hampshire so I could see where my sweetie has spent so many hours on his project for work. We did a drive-by of all the places he likes to eat and the other sites he has visited. I love that everything is so beautiful and green out here.

Then it was back to the hotel. We were both tired and ready to call it a day. When I got out the computer to write my post for you, we discovered that the battery was dead in my mouse. I went down to the front desk to see if I could buy some, but the sweet clerk said they didn't sell them. She then rifled through her drawer until she found a flashlight and pulled out two batteries in the size I needed and dumped them into my hand. She wouldn't take money for them, but as you can see, they worked great.

Tomorrow we are off to Maine.





2 comments:

Natalie Ockey said...

Carl looks thrilled with his dinner! Tee Hee!

~R

Mom of 12 said...

He actually really enjoyed it. It's getting his picture taken he is not exactly fond of. )