Feb 21, 2016

Zoo with the Boltons

I know I told you a little bit about Twiz's family during the wedding last week, but I didn't get a chance to share about our trip to the zoo on Wednesday. We wanted one more opportunity to get together before they left for New Jersey, so we decided an afternoon at the zoo would be fun.

Teach and Twiz were on the last day of their honeymoon, so they joined us. I thought about taking some of the kids out of school, but they have so many things going on we decided it would be best to only take Baby Doll. Drama Queen and I were thinking it would just be the three of us when my sweetie surprised me by taking a long lunch and joining us.

We picked up Baby Doll from preschool and enjoyed sack lunches on our way. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the zoo, so we got there just right for our 1:00 rendezvous. The afternoon was warm for the middle of February and we enjoyed the walk. Some of the animals were unavailable and we missed the tiger for sure, but the baby monkey made up for it.

The kids loved the sea lions and it was hard to pull them away.

My favorite part was watching the kids and I'm including Drama Queen, Teach and Twiz in this, riding the Carousel. It wasn't so long ago that Teach was the 5-year-old and now there she was, riding with her husband.

It was sad to say goodbye to the Boltons, but real life has to return and they left for New Jersey on Thursday.

2 comments:

Denise said...

fun times.

LeAnn said...

Another fun adventure for your family, I see. It all looked so fun. Hugs for sharing!