Feb 3, 2016

A "Cheap" Move

Drama Queen owns a truck and it has been pretty much parked all winter (except for the day I took it out to pick up a couch or two). So when The Beast called me last week to see if his friend could borrow it to move, I was totally fine with it, I just had to call my insurance agent to get a policy put back on it.

I hadn't realized how long the truck had been gone until Princess's car went on the fritz and nearly left her stranded in a 7-11 parking lot. Bossy still has one of our cars since her van has been in the shop for over a month now, so that was leaving us a little short of vehicles. I know, crazy, huh?! My driveway looks like a used parking lot on any given day.

Sorry for the bad pic, it came home after dark.
That's when I called The Beast to see what was taking so long with this move. It was only across town, so it shouldn't have taken more than a day or two. He told me that his friend had finished with the truck and driven it back to their apartment complex to park it for the night, intending to return it the next day. When he went outside to bring it over, he discovered that because of the snowstorm, he had inadvertently parked over the line and one of the tires had been slashed.

He was planning to pick up a new tire for it and install it before returning the truck. So yesterday he got the tire and replaced it and then, would you believe it? he got a flat on a different tire driving it out of there. I don't know if both tires had been slashed or not, but that move turned out to be awfully expensive. I think a U-
Haul might have been cheaper.

And I think I'd better call and offer him some cash.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

That was quite a story and the ending was a little sad and I am sure frustrating. Yup! That was a more expensive move than I am sure he planned. I know what it is like to have a driveway full of used cars. We have been there and done that. Blessings and hugs~

Denise said...

sorry this happened