Feb 24, 2016

Prima Donna's Big Week

It's a big week for Prima Donna. First of all, I finally got her phone fixed after she broke the screen yet again. Not happy about that. I think this time might have to be her graduation gift. She cleaned out her own bank account last time she broke it.

So she was finally able to get me a pic from the Sweetheart's Dance last week. Aren't they cute? She had so much fun! Her date was amazing, respectful and lively. All things that Prima Donna dreams about.

She is also prepping for her winter play. If you remember, she has the very best role in The Importance of Being Ernest, that of Lady Bracknell. Honestly, I don't know how she memorizes so many lines and so fully and completely adopts a character. I can ask for a line and she can spew her English accent and larger than life character for 5 minutes easily without breaking a sweat. (And I make her do it often because I love the wit and snarkiness of the character.)

I'm really excited to see this one. For 7 Brides there were so many people on the stage that even when she was singing her solo or saying her lines, they seemed to get lost in the bigness of everything. This time they are going to be in the Copper Pit which is a smaller stage where the audience is almost part of the set. I had to lay down my credit card to get tickets for 9 of us to see the show on opening night, but I'm sure it will be well worth the money.

Then she assumed her role as Laurel President for her church group a week or so ago and that has required extra time and meetings as well as helping to plan Girls' Camp for this summer.

And last, but not least, she has been working diligently on her Director's Book (and her other homework, I hope). She is hoping to be chosen to produce and direct her play for the Spring Showcase. Only about a fourth of the Theater 4 class gets the honor, so it is a big deal.

I'll keep you posted on how it works out.



2 comments:

Denise said...

prima donna is truly awesome.

LeAnn said...

What an awesome young woman you have there. She is amazing to be doing so much.. I loved the pictures. I am sure you will get to direct a play.How fun to be able to see her achieve so much. Hugs for her!