Jul 1, 2013

Another Awesome Party

An invitation to Steam Fest with Drama Queen
Prima Donna turned 15 on Wednesday, but she wanted to wait until today to have her family party. I was fine with that since that meant the Gym Rat could join us as could the Drama Queen since she had teacher training all last week.

Princess mixed up the sourdough bread yesterday and we served that steaming hot with country fried steak and homemade mashed potatoes. My sweetie also joined a co-op at work so we have tons of fresh vegetables coming in. I don't know what we going to do with all of them when our own garden starts producing. But I have to tell you, the roasted beets were amazing!

Les Mis
She loved her gifts. I knew she would, that's why I bought her a copy of Les Mis in book form and on DVD. I also got her Kindle replaced on the warranty since it has stopped working and I bought her a new case to keep it in. She was a little surprised that there were no new clothes, but honestly, she has more clothes than she can possibly wear now!

Prima Donna and her new buddy "Brigham"
After dinner we had cake and ice cream. She named her cute little sock monkey cake topper with the BYU hoodie "Brigham." I can't tell you why, it's a secret...

She almost set her hair on fire!
I'm looking forward to the last day of school on Tuesday. We are planning a quick vacation while Bossy stays here and tends the house and garden. Gym Rat will also be staying here, so hopefully my sourdough starter will be safe (remember when we went to California and the starter exploded all over the counter and dripped onto the floor until the dog licked it up?).

Of course we will bring along a laptop so I can keep you updated and the kids can keep up with school. I'm so ready for summer vacation!








No comments: