Jul 9, 2013

Cafe Zupas VIP Blog Party

While we were gone on vacation, Bossy tried to sign me up for the Cafe Zupas VIP Blog party at the new West Valley location. I thought she was a little crazy, but it sounded like fun so I told her to go for it. When we got back yesterday, the information and confirmation was in my email. She seemed pretty surprised when I told her it came.

"You know, Mom, they only accept the top bloggers." That fanned my ego for a minute. I have been to Zupas several times (mostly with Teach, it's one of her favorite places), so I was pretty excited. My favorite menu item is the Wisconsin Cauliflower soup although I told myself that today would be the day that I try something new.

It didn't take much to convince my sweetie to join me on this little adventure. I have never been much of a food critic, but I do like a bargain, and it doesn't get much cheaper than free. We were definitely well-treated. It was a red carpet affair and we were fairly near the beginning of the line. The wait staff was helpful and friendly and they were happy to give us anything we wanted off the menu.

I told my sweetie we needed to order different things so we could try more than just one thing. He got the Turkey Bacon Avocado panini and Tuscan White Bean and Vegetable soup. He also decided to try the Pina Colada Chicken salad and the Sinful 7 chocolate cake. I ordered the Summer Chicken salad, the BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich, and (I couldn't help myself!) a large bowl of the Wisconsin Cauliflower soup. I knew I would never be able to finish all that food, but I still asked for a Million Dollar Bar. I have eyed them in the showcase several times. They are kind of like a brownie, but my sweetie says they taste more like the Hello Dolly's his mother made when he was a kid. Either way, it was delicious!

I had a couple of bites of it and set it down and it mysteriously disappeared.

The soup was delicious as always although I didn't really love the one my sweetie chose. Both salads were good, but his was much sweeter than mine since he had pineapple and oranges and I had grapes and strawberries. The sandwiches were good although I couldn't really do them much justice since I was busy dunking bits of bread in my soup.

While we were eating they had a girl with a mic giving away gift cards and various other items. I was sad that I didn't get to win anything, but I think that was because we sat on the wrong side of the wall. She definitely seemed to favor the people in the bigger area of the dining room. Although honestly, I wasn't expecting drawings, so I was just happy for free food. They didn't even require a blog post, but since my sweetie took such pretty pictures, I wanted to tell you all about it.

They even let me bring home my leftover soup! Yay, lunch for tomorrow! Now if I could just find a couple of those tiny loaves of bread...





1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I always enjoy your skill at writing. I love Zupas Café.
The food choices just made me hungry. Maybe we will go there for lunch this week. After the vacation you had; you need a nice free lunch with your hubby.
Blessings!