Aug 5, 2022

Traveling as Two: Up, Up and Away!

Not long ago, my sweetie discovered that he had a free companion certificate from Covid days that was about to expire. So I looked though my hotel vouchers until I found a free 3-day stay in New Orleans. It has been my dream date for a while now...


So we booked a weekend away, just the two of us. My sweetie always takes the window seat because I get motion sickness, but this time he insisted we change seats just before we flew over Baton Rouge.


I did some pretty ridiculous fan-girling for sure!!


We landed at Louis Armstrong Airport about 6:30 PM, and by the time we got our luggage and our rental car, the sunset was full of amazing orange and pink.


You know how I feel about big water. So of course we arranged to spend the night on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain so that I could watch the sunset as we drove across the causeway.


Good thing my sweetie knows how to handle a rental car...


Goodnight, all. Tomorrow we will be in the French Quarter. Now if I can just sleep...



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

That is awesome that you can take this quick trip together. Many years ago, we visited New Orleans for my husband's pharmacy meetings. It was a fun and enlightening journey.
Blessings and hugs!