Jan 29, 2021

Playing Basketball

I sure miss playing ball. 
As you know, I have been in charge of Stake Women's Sports for the last 15 years. We typically play four months of volleyball, four months of basketball, and a month of dodgeball.
Until Covid-19. Now there is nothing; our church put all sports on hold. Our county usually runs a huge Jr Jazz program for the kids, but they aren't doing anything this year. We were very fortunate to discover a Jr Jazz program with Sandy Parks & Rec.
Sport and his friends created a team and they have been having a great time. They even got matching warmup shirts.
Scout ended up on a team full of cheerleaders from Murray High School. They don't know much about basketball, but they are scrappy and fast. Scout is really the only one not afraid to shoot. She makes about half the points each game.
Curly and Burrito are playing on the same team, but they overlap Scout's games so I rarely get to see them play.
Baby Doll is my starting point guard and I love being her coach. I might not get to play much, but I love being on the court.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love your enthusiasm for sports and how your children are involved in them. I do love basketball the most. It has been sad not to have church sports activities. May everything normalize soon. I'm tired!
Blessings and hugs!