Jan 6, 2021

Christmas is Over

I know, I know, Christmas is over, but I wanted to share one more fun new tradition we learned from a Hallmark movie. My sweetie is (or should I say was?) obsessed wih Hallmark Christmas movies.
This has been going on for several years now and I finally got sucked into it. In fact, I can unashamedly declare that I love Hallmark Christmas movies! Especially the mistletoe...
Anyway, this blog is about a specific movie. Before I tell you the title, I have to confess that we lump pretty much every dramatic Christmas movie under the "Hallmark" label and this one is not actually made by Hallmark. It is called Feast of the Seven Fishes. 
The movie was fun, but my sweetie was more interested in the actual feast. On Christmas Eve, this large Italian family tradition is that all the men prepare seven dishes made from various forms of fish. I don't know if it is true, but we decided to try it, but not on Christmas Eve. We chose the day after Christmas instead.
My sweetie was the main chef and instead of the guys, he chose Crafty as his sous chef. Together, they put on quite a feast! Even Drama Queen tried several types of fish and she usually stays far away from even the smell of fish. I won't be able to confirm until next year if it becomes a tradition, but we had a great time even if it was only one and done. Right, Drama Queen?
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty sure my sweetie is definitely ready to put it on the calendar!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

That does sound like an unusual and fun tradition. You should keep it. I loved the photos and especially the cute one of your hubby at the end.
Blessings and hugs!
Just a side note! My husband was admitted to the hospital on Monday night. I took him in for Covid's symptoms. He ended up being negative, but they admitted him for low 02 and high White Blood Count. He ended up being diagnosed with Bronchial Pneumonia. He was able to come home yesterday, so hoping he recovers quickly.

Mom of 12 said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds awful! I hope he recovers quickly. Love to your family.
Sandy