Aug 4, 2020

Family Vacation - COVID-STYLE, Day 3 - Downtown Ruidoso

After a calm and quiet Sabbath, we got a bit more adventurous on Monday and we decided to take a ride into town. Ruidoso is a little famous for its main street shopping district. They have tons of little shops and we had a great time exploring.

Nearly everyone we see in New Mexico wears a mask. In fact, when I was reaching for a bag of lettuce at the gocery store, an older lady on a scooter thanked me for wearing my mask to keep her safe.

One of my favorite places was this huge consighment shop. It had everything!! Most of it was used, but some things were new. Noah loved this black cowboy hat and finally convinced his dad to buy it for him.

The kids bought books and my sweetie bought a new belt at the leather shop. My best purchase is a secret since it is a gift!

Our last stop was for frozen yogurt before we headed back to our condo. 

Crafty and Scout made Filipino food for dinner and lemon bars for dessert. We eat better here than we do at home!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love the black Cowboy hat. It looked like a great adventure, and I loved that you were thanked for wearing a mask. It's hard, I know, but I thank you all too. It makes us older people feel safer.
Blessings and hugs!