Aug 3, 2020

Family Vacation - COVID-STYLE, Day 2 - Driving Through New Mexico

We spent most of our 2nd day just driving.

Our destination was New Mexico and that required driving hundreds of miles through the Navajo Nation carefully avoiding stops since they are still supposed to be closed because of the pandemic. We only got off a couple of times for gas during the 7 or 8 hours on the road.

The kids were a bit stir crazy, but it helped that we were able to spread out between the two cars. Did I tell you that Crafty brought her car? She and Drama Queen had to work on Thursday, so they left about 5 hours after we did although we mostly travelled together on the road to New Mexico.


We finally arrived at our condo in the woods in a little town called Ruidoso. It is beautiful, with heavily wooded trees and lakes. We were warned about a bear sighting the previous week and the kids were nervous and mostly wanted to stay in and play games. We also watched a couple of movies too.


We are trying to isolate ourselves from the world as much as possible, but we do have plans to go out tomorrow. I want the kids to see more than the walls that surround us. Several of them went on a mini-hike and they had an impromptu photo shoot. I will try to get some pics from them to put up tomorrow.


Even though I have been busy mending football pants pretty constantly, I still have a whole suitcase full to finish for the little league teams before we get home. Somehow I managed to get the hardest ones out first and each pair takes several hours. I'm glad I have had this time, but I am also looking forward to spending time having adventures with my family.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

The Condo looks excellent, and I think that is such a good way to vacation with a family. This is a time for kicking back and not doing a whole lot except for games, movies, and maybe a little of this and that.
You are terrific to be busy on the trip, patching up baseball uniforms. You are awesome!
Big hugs!