May 26, 2020

An Amazing Memorial Day Weekend

We had an amazing Memorial Day weekend! It started on Friday with Curly's baseball tournament and on Saturday, 15 of us headed for Richfield to spend the night in the Hampton Inn. It didn't start that big, but as the week progressed, we kept adding rooms until we had 5 total. We had everyone at my house except Grandpa (he had other plans), Teach and her family, Dog Walker and Puppy Lover, Drama Queen, and Little Warrior. He was a last minute stowaway and we were so excited to have him even though Beauty and The Beast were unable to come with us.



 We arrived around 6:00 pm and my sweetie immediately ordered pizza while everyone else got ready to get in the pool. We were only missing Curly and Sport. They drove up later, after the last baseball game. It was about 8:00 pm when they pulled in. Fortunately, everyone headed back to the pool for round 2 just so they could all have a chance to swim together.



My sweetie and I took Twizlet and Little Warrior back to our room so they could sleep while all of the kids hung out and played games in one of the other bedrooms. Finally, everyone slept (at least for a little while) until morning.


We got up around 9:00, grabbed sack lunches in the lobby, and then met in our room for Sacrament Meeting. We checked out around 11:00 and headed for our first cemetary. It was the first of many, 12 to be exact, counting the 4 we visited on Monday.

Ready for church!
We stopped in Ephraim and met with my family for a tribute to my Grandpa Neal, and then we stopped for a little bit to visit grandma. We finally arrived home just after dark, unloaded the van, and got settled for the night.


Tired
It was such a fun trip! People were social distancing, but they were also talking and laughing and acting almost normal. I'm so ready for normal.

Monday at Calder's grave, Skittles insisted we have a water fight!
Maybe we can talk a little more about Monday tomorrow.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

The was a wonderful adventure. I liked the baseball in Richfield. I was born in Richfield and my Dad was the town Baseball Coach for years. I grew up on a baseball field.
I loved your pool party and all that you did. It did look fun. I love how you were able to get almost all of your children there. Lots of fun photos!
Blessings and hugs!