May 3, 2016

South Pointe Ballet's Giselle

I wanted to share with you about last weekend's performance of Giselle.  It was a new ballet for South Pointe and my girls were so excited to be a part of it!

Once again we split up our attendance to try to get someone in the audience for them at every performance and that almost worked. Fajita played the part of Bathilde, Crafty was one of the Wilis (which means one of a group of dead dancers that likes to kill off men by makeing them dance until they die...yeah, the story is a little sketch...), and Scout was a peasant. I'm so proud of all of them! They did a great job!

Fajita's part required a lot of acting and a little dancing. In the story it is her fiance' who falls in love with Giselle. I was pleased to see that she wore a dress I made originally for Sleeping Beauty but it was never used because I was given the wrong size.

Bossy wasn't supposed to take pics from the audience, but she did anyway. Aren't they beautiful? I love that South Pointe offers more opportunities for my kids to dance although I still prefer the Nutcracker and my all time favorite has been Coppelia.

So far.




No comments: