Oct 15, 2015

Beadie Jack-o-Lanterns

One of my favorite websites is www.makingfriends.com for things like scouts and Activity Days. Yesterday I had to plan a fun Halloween craft for my cute Activity Days girls and with only an hour and 15 minutes to accomplish something, it couldn't be too complicated or too expensive.

I was a little brain dead on this issue until I remembered that I had leftover pony beads from a couple of years ago when we made necklaces for pack meeting. I started looking for patterns and the first thing that popped up was this cute pumpkin key chain.

We made a trip to Hobby Lobby to get more key chains and I finally had a plan in place. The girls had so much fun making them! In fact, Baby Doll and Scout were making more today, but they prefer them in purple rather than in the traditional orange.

I also had tons of help from my older girls in the preparation and at the meeting. It is so nice to have extra adult hands. Drama Queen enjoyed singeing the ends of the cords a little too much...